Image 1 of 1
Chester - St Peter's Church and the Town Hall 2.jpg
The view up Upper Bridge Street, towards The Cross. St. Peter's Church stands on the site of the Roman headquarters building, or praetorium. There has been a church on the site since the 10th century, though the present structure dates from the 1300s, with alterations being made over the following centuries. The Town Hall is a much more recent addition to Chester's streetscape - it was built in 1869.